What are Progressive Canadians all about? Look no further then Canadan Cynic, a member of the Progressive Bloggers and a master of the art of typing with one hand while keeping the other hand in a bag of cheezies, and his views on Hurricane Katrina:
- New Orleans is sinking man and I don’t want to swim.
Apparently, God is really pissed with red states these days.
- Is the Gulf Coast in for a pounding? By all accounts, you bet. But at least its citizens had the freedom to, way ahead of time, jump in their gaz-guzzling land yachts and head for higher/dryer ground, unlike the citizens of, say, Fallujah in Iraq
- So I’m just not wasting any more sympathy. If the Americans want help, let them pray for it.
- I’m assuming that all those soon-to-be homeless, impoverished, uninsured residents of the Gulf Coast can take solace in the fact that, no matter how bad off they are, gays still can’t get married.
- Sure, we’ll contribute $100 million to the effort. Now you owe us only $4.9 billion. Deal?
So, you know when some self-righteous Canadian nationalist begins his Michael Moore schtick and prefaces his maniacal critique of George Bush with, “Now, I have nothing against the American people…” Yeah, well that’s horseshit. Envy of the U.S. has become so extreme on the part of Canadian progressives that they now rejoice in the suffering of Americans at the hands of a natural disaster. Those who are too spineless to do so themselves encourage others to do so. If innocent American citizens and their families are killed, that’s retribution for American foreign policy which Progressive Canadians disagree with. If innocent Americans lose their houses and all their worldly possessions, that’s just retribution for the U.S. position in our disagreement on interpretations of NAFTA.
Canada is such an embarrassing country sometimes.